Friday 16 December 2011

Don't do today what you can leave for tomorrow

Procrastination is what I do best. Everything in my life gets done in the very last panic of "this needs to be taken care of yesterday!"

I have to clear out my apartment on Monday. I sincerely intended to start packing today but watching Criminal Minds just seems much more important right now. Then I'll crash at my parents' for a month before boarding the plane! I've gotten rid of my bed and my bedside table mainly because I had friends come over and take them with them. So now I'm camping on my floor sleeping on a mattress and every knickknack that was piled on the table is now all over my floor. This is pretty much the state I'm currently in:





No worries, I have until Monday!


On another note: almost all paperwork is now done! Almost all school work is also now done! There's one essay still waiting to be written. I even bought a travel insurance and figured out how to handle money stuffs. So I've actually done lots. I still need to get a new passport and fill out a form for KELA and some summer school papers but then all official stuff will be taken care of. These can wait until January.

On Monday I'm leaving Jyväskylä behind and then I'll just kick back and enjoy Christmas. I will not spare one fraction of a thought to any learning diaries, essays or exams for at least seven months! I'll be working over New Years which is a bit of a bummer but it is what it is. I'll save some party-energy for next year then!

I've also had "Yay, I'm leaving" (or "Go away!") dinners with my friends; last Saturday I went out with a bunch of people and yesterday with two friends from elementary, middle and high school. Both times were much fun and the food was good! So I've kinda said goodbye to people already.

A lot of people have asked me if I'm nervous or getting scared. I'm not. Of course I'm excited but I'm not stressed or worried. Things work out, they always do. No, I don't have a room yet and I probably won't even find one before I'm already in the country but I can't worry about it now, I don't even know how to. I'll find a place eventually, until then I'll just have to make do.

No comments:

Post a Comment