Monday 5 December 2011

But home is nowhere

Things are still pretty much how they were a month ago. Except that I have the Practical Training Agreement ready and mailed. I've been waiting for it to get back to me for two weeks now but day after day the mail man disappoints me. I also have all the other documents ready to go, I'll just need the Practical Training Agreement as an attachment to those before I can give them to the international office people. I also booked a flight for Thursday 26th of January. Well excited!

Finding a reasonable flight turned out to be much more difficult than I originally thought. Oh, and can you imagine that flying with Finnair would have cost almost 900€! That's insane! Finally I found a good flight with British Airways for a bit less than 90€. I still have to pay for an extra bag but I think I'll just do that in the airport. It would be 6€ cheaper to pay for it online but since my other bag is so humongous I'd rather check it in person. The info on the website about extra bags and size restrictions was way too confusing for me.

Finding a place to live has proven to be quite difficult. So far pretty much everyone is advertising rooms that are available NOW or next week or something, nothing for January just yet. I've also tried to suggest Skype chats to people instead of me going over for a viewing but no luck yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment