Thursday 16 May 2013

Giant moths, stalker girlfriends and rocky horror opera dubstep

So... I was having dinner during the first four performances, so my notes on them aren't quite as extensive as the rest of it. And because I have a 6.30am alarm tomorrow morning again I can't be arsed to google and re-watch just for the sake of writing a better blog post. So there. But overall I can say that this was the real semifinal. Tuesday must've been just a test run, a little warm up.

I don't think there are no ladies who will give you cuter babies.


Latvia. Mirror ball Jedward.

San Marino. Red cult lady.

Macedonia. What the hell happened!?

Azerbaijan. Hey, it's Eric Saade! Finalist.

Finland! YAYY! It's super catchy, I've had the song stuck in my head for a week already. OH-OH OH-OH-OH DING DONG! (And ps. I know the girl who kissed her) Finalist.

Malta. I'd listen to this on a summer picnic! Very much a feelgood tune. Finalist.

Bulgaria. Giant moth headpiece.

Iceland. Hot man. Probably a really lovely song if I understood any of it. Iceland is good at emotional big melodies, anthemic slow songs. Finalist.

In Greece alcohol is free. Making a mental note to add Greece to holiday destinations list. And you get to drink listening to ska. I will have fun on this holiday! They're like less colourful Gogol Bordello. Finalist.

Israel. That's a very tight dress. I wish I knew what she's singing about because some corny lyrics might be able to salvage this from boring.

Eurovision rock from Armenia! The lead man could be Kevin Richardson's (of the Backstreet Boys fame) twin and the band could be Creed. Finalist. (Really now? Who voted?!)

Hungary is quite sweet. The guy looks like a radio DJ. Finalist.

Norway has brought an actually a good song that could stand on its own, not restrained by Eurovision bubble. Finalist.

Albania has lots of men who look metal (by Eurovision standards) but the sounds doesn't live up to their looks. I don't know what this sounds like, it's a bit of folk, bit of Disney, bit of rock, lot of Eurovision. Although they have a fire shooting guitar.

Georgia. Duet ballad. Rather boring. Finalist.

Switz. AWWW of the old guy playing fat bass* he's 95. The song is quite pleasant, if not too 'even' from beginning to end - it doesn't travel at all and gets boring quickly. *I've been informed it's actually called double bass in English but I don't care, I prefer my Finglish fat bass.

Romania. Man in a dress, finally! And lots of sequins! Naked dancers. He's invented a new genre: transvestite-opera-dubstep. I wonder if he's seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show a few too many times.  It kinda sounded like he's actually singing Bon Jovi's It's My Life but deceiving everyone with opera! Finalist. (would be a crime if he wasn't)


I remember doing the time warp

No comments:

Post a Comment