Monday 10 October 2011

London Calling

Sorry about the cheese in the headline, but that is exactly what this post is about. And what this blog is about.

I just secured an internship located in lovely London and I'm very much pumped up about it! I've been planning leaving Finland behind and moving my existence to the islands that are the UK ever since I started uni. Actually, I've been planning to get out of Finland ever since I was about 11 years old and I've already tried my wings twice but only temporarily. Which this move might also be, and then it might not. The internship will be 6 months but after that I'll probably try to look for a real job.

I almost got derailed during the application process and was dreaming about completing this part of my studies in NYC but now I'm right back on track and really excited! Not that NYC wouldn't have been absolutely amazing but London suits my long term plans a lot better. Tough choice still. Incredibly tough. If I'd go with my gut feeling, I'd go to NYC but for all the wrong reasons. I have to say, still, that logical reasoning really sucks right now. I think I'll dedicate a whole post to that chaos that went on in my head.

The application process itself couldn't have gone smoother. I sent the application on Saturday night, heard back from the company on Sunday, called them today (Monday) and they said that as far as they're concerned it's a done deal, they'll have me. Made easier by two of my friends from school who are interning there at the moment and have done amazingly making them trust this degree program. Thanks!

I now have about three months to get everything ready, handle all the paperwork and whatnot. So for now my posts will be about preparing. But hey, as the saying goes, well planned is half done!

Now I'm going to quote my all time favorite band Incubus (get used to it, it will happen a lot, I promise):
I've waited all my life. If not now, when will I?

IT'S NOW!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and be sure to visit us poor people in Finland time to time, if so happens that you'll get your dream come true and move away from this forsaken place they desperately try to call the Land of lotterywinners, or something as corny as that. Yeah, so. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tänks, J! And all my friends are definitely welcome to visit me in Britannia if one day you'll need a vacay and are thirsty for some pub culture and stand-up comedy.

    ReplyDelete