Wednesday 12 October 2011

Why?

In many ways I had the best and the suckiest Monday of my life this week. Ok, maybe not that many but who's counting. One, actually. I got two internship offers from two equally attractive companies; the other in fabulous NYC and the other in trendy London. How to choose? I hate choosing between two good options. I'm shit at it, it sucks balls and I never know how I can be sure I've made the right choice. I want to do everything and please everyone (well, everyone who matters).

After applying rational thinking I figured that in the long run I'd probably benefit more from interning in London just because I'll probably score a lot easier on the job hunt if it wasn't so damn difficult to hire me, as it would be in the US with all the visa hassle. And yes, one of the objectives of my internship is to get my foot between the door that is now in between me and my career. Sure, I'd have more experience, a reference letter and a bit longer CV after 6 months in NYC but none of the contacts I may get in London. The job itself also seemed a bit more versatile, so there.

So that's my reasoning for going to London. The main argument for going to NYC was that this might be the last chance I get to live in the States while moving to England will always be possible for a European citizen. Oh, well. I get to visit. And in the event of extreme want-need-demand I can always get hitched for a couple of years and get permanent residency.

And if any of you dare to comment that I probably made the wrong choice, I will put a curse on you! I've watched Buffy, I know how it's done.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely the right choice! Just because London is <3 and it's a lot easier to visit when you are rich-and-famous-recordcompany-mogul! ;)

    ReplyDelete